IMPORT EXPORT CODE (IEC) REGISTRATION
@ Rs 1999 All Inclusive No Hidden Charge
IEC Code is required for anyone who is importing or exporting goods and services to or from India. Get Import Export Code (IEC) Registration Online in 3 days.
What Is Import Export Code (IEC)?
Import Export Code (IEC) is a code having 10 digits provided by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, to the importer and exporter who is dealing in importing or exporting of any goods or items in India. This certificate is mandatory for all person who are dealing in import and export, the person can be a natural person or can be any private limited company, public limited company, proprietorship or partnership or any other body corporate. To promote global competition and to provide the way to enter into the global or international market the government has introduced this registration; one more benefit of this code is that it avoids illegal transportation of goods from or in India.
It is very easy to get the Import Export Code certificate because now there is no physical submission of documents required. A person can make an online application to get this code. It will take around 4-5 days to get this code as the filing process is online and simultaneously government provide this code on an online basis and due to this, it saves lots of time. Once it is registered it is valid for a lifetime there is no need to renew this code. There is no need to file any kind of report to the government regarding import or export therefore there is no maintenance cost.
Benefits of Import Export Code (IEC)
Following are the benefits of the Import Export Code:
- Ticket of international market: It helps the applicant to import or export the goods or items in or from India. The person can sell his goods in the international market as well as can buy goods from the international market. It opens the door to the international market and helps in the growth and expansion of the economy.
- Any person can apply: Any person who wants to do import and/or export business needs to apply for Import Export Code. Here the person can be anyone, whether a natural person or any company, partnership firm, proprietorship firm, society, etc. the applicant can be anyone.
- No renewal requirement: Once it is registered and the authority (DGFT) issued the certificate it becomes valid for the lifetime of the applicant and no need to renew it.
- No compliances: There is no required of any compliances after getting registered and neither any returns need to be filed nor any statement needs to be submitted to the authority.
- Less cost: There is an onetime fee and it is applicable only at the time of registration. There are no compliances or compliance charges, therefore it is very less expensive.
- Less time consuming: Once the application for Import Export Code if filed the certificate is generated within 24 hours.
- Legal transportation: By this code, all the illegal transportations can be abolished. The centralized registration helps the government officers to look into cross border transaction, it gives better administration and supervision among international transactions.
What Do You Get In Import Export Code (IEC) Registration?
Documents Required For Import Export Code (IEC) Registration
- For Proprietorship & Individual
- All Other Companies or Entities
- PAN Card of the individual & proprietorship firm (if any)
- Photo of proprietor
- Identity proof of proprietor (Voter id card/aadhaar card/ passport/ driving license)
- Address proof of the proprietor (Sale deed/Rent agreement/Lease deed/Electricity bill/Mobile bill/Telephone bill)
- NOC from the owner of the property if the property is not registered in the name of the proprietor.
- Pre-printed Cancelled Cheque/ Bank certificate having the name of the proprietor.
- Email Id and Contact number of the proprietor
- PAN Card of the company/partnership firm/LLP etc
- Address proof of the company/firm/LLP etc. (Sale deed/Rent agreement/Lease deed/Electricity bill/Mobile bill/Telephone bill)
- NOC from the owner of the property if the property is not registered in the name of company/firm/LLP.
- Pre-printed Cancelled Cheque/ Bank certificate having the name of company/firm/LLP.
- Email Id and Contact number of the company/firm/LLP
- Photo of the director/partner/member
- PAN Card of director/partner/member
- Identity proof of director/partner/member (Voter id card/aadhar card/ passport/ driving license)
- Address proof of director/partner/member (Aadhar card/Bank statement/ Bill)
- Contact Details and email id director/partner/member
Process Of Import Export Code (IEC) Registration
Step 1 - Submit Documents
You will have to submit the documents and information required.
Step 2 - Generate File Number
After receiving all the documents and information we will start registering your IEC and to proceed with the IEC registration you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and email id and you have to provide us with the same. After submitting OTP you will receive a file number on your registered mobile number. Once the file number is generated the government needs OTP for one more time to open the form. And after submitting the OTP the form will get opened.
Step 3 - Application Drafting
Once the form is opened we will draft the application and submit it to the government and make the payment for the IEC registration.
Step 4 - Get IEC Certificate
After the approval of the form, we will send you the soft copy of the registration certificate of IEC on your email address.
Exemptions on Import Export Code
The following are exempted from Import Export Code registration:
- Importers covered by clause 3(1) [except sub-clauses (e) and (l)] and exporters covered by clause 3(2) [except sub-clauses (i) and (k)] of Foreign Trade (Exemption from application of Rules in certain cases) Order, 1993
- Department/Ministry of Central/state government
- Import or export for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture
- Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Nepal, Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas, and China (through Gunji, Namgaya Shipkila, and Nathula ports), provided CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25, 000. In the case of Nathula port, the applicable value ceiling will be Rs. 100,000
However, exemption from obtaining IEC number shall not be applicable for the export of Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipments, and Technologies
RCMC means Registration cum Membership Certificate. It is a kind of membership issued by Export Promotional Councils (EPCs) or the Commodity of India. This certificate signifies that the exporter exporting the products registered with the agencies/councils/boards that are authorized by the government of India. The person who wishes to apply for this certificate has to declare its main line of business in the application. Those persons who are exempted to take IEC Registration are also exempted to apply for this certificate. The application of RCMC registration has to be submitted to that Export Promotional Council/Commodity Board relating to that line of product or business.
Let our experience be your guide
Import Export Code (iEC) Registration @1999/-
Frequently Asked Questions
If any person wishes to expand his business into the global market then he needs a registration by which he can enter into an international market and can start his business. Import Export Code is a registration by which the person can import or export the products or goods from the International market to the Indian market or vice-versa. Without the IEC certificate, any transaction that happened in India from outside India will be considered as illegal transaction. Therefore for every import and export, the IEC is required except if it is under the exemption scheme.
Once the Import Export Code (IEC) registered it is valid for a lifetime and there is no renewal requirement for this certificate.
It is a scheme introduced by the Government of India as a part of the Foreign Trade Policy from 2015 to 2020. This scheme is launched to promote the export of goods or products manufactured or produced in India. The incentives are given to the exports by way of duty credit scrips.
Import Export Code registration is required to take only for those persons who are dealing with the international market. It is optional to take this certificate, therefore no penalty is there for not applying this code but if any person is found dealing in the international market without this code it will be deemed as illegal transaction. Therefore the penalty will be levy according to the transaction involved in an illegal transaction.
No, there is no requirement of filing any type of return to the authority because there is no compliance provision that a person needs to follow for IEC.
No, a person or a company can have only one Import Export Code, the IEC registration is a PAN based registration and a person have only one PAN during his life whether the person is a natural person or any company, therefore a person can get only one IEC certificate during his life.
Import Export Code (IEC) is a 10 digit code having alphanumeric code issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). Generally, IEC is the same as a PAN of the applicant.
No, there is no tax levied on IEC, but there can be custom duty or charges levied at the time of import of goods in India as per the Customs Act depending upon the categories of goods.
Yes, the applicant can modify the IEC by filing an online modification application along with the requisite fees to the authority
Once the IEC registered it is valid for the lifetime, but it can be cancelled or surrendered to the authority by making an online application. Once you will make the application for cancellation the authority will immediately cancel your certificate and the information about such cancellation will be forwarded to all authorities along with custom officers.
No, there is no requirement of DSC for the registration of IEC. DSC is required for:
- Filing the returns (Income tax return, GST return, ROC Return, etc)
- For company registration, LLp Registration, other registrations
- For e-commerce, government tender, auction
- For signing PDF files, government forms, etc